College Arts is a small Hampshire-based art school.
Established in 2004 as a partnership by Christian de Ferranti and Katie Rockley, College Arts is a small art school offering classes, courses and workshops for all levels of ability.
With specialist artist-teachers and classes, numbering no more than 12, the aim of College Arts is to give maximum attention to individual needs in a relaxed atmosphere.
Courses range from Botanical Painting and Life Drawing to oil, watercolour and sculpture workshops. Each course is specifically designed for both beginners and the more experienced. We have found that this is advantageous to both. Classes take place at College Farm in Ellisfield although, as you can see from the Art Gallery page, we have had many adventures into the countryside painting flowers in Cornwall, rivers in the Itchen Valley and trees and landscapes around College Farm.
Our teachers are all highly qualified and experienced and often sculpt and paint with the students. An emphasis is placed on classical, traditional teaching methods which we believe are a fundamental foundation to all forms of art.
Courses by the term usually consist of 8 or 9 lessons with a half term; workshops are mainly 2 consecutive days.
College Arts welcome you to their website and Christian and Katie would be delighted to answer any queries about the courses we offer.
Courses range from Botanical Painting and Life Drawing
to Oil, Watercolour and Sculpture Workshops.
How to Find Us
College Farm House, Ellisfield,
Basingstoke, RG25 2QE.
- Take the A339 to Alton. Stay on this road for approx 4 miles, passing through Winslade and up a hill. At the top, turn RIGHT to Ellisfield.
- Stay on this winding lane for approx 1.5miles, through Ellisfield and on.
- Ignore Church Lane and Bell Lane and continue for 1/4mile.
- College Farm House is a white house on your right.
- Please enter through the farm gates just beyond the house.
- Drive towards farm buildings and park in the yard.
- The studio is in the far left shed.
- Drive east following sign to Ellisfield.
- 2 miles.
- Take the 2nd left, College Lane, and College Farm is 200yds up the lane on the left.
- Please enter through electric farm gates and park in the yard.
Sign Up for our Newsletter for details on upcoming courses and events.